Sunday, October 07, 2007

In a rut of marking

Stuck in the rut of marking….

Paper 2 is the paper where u get the most sense of accomplishment actually… by the time you get to the 2nd or 3rd class, one usually only takes 30 mins to finish one class and you have the immense sense of satisfaction in ticking off the classes. BUT, that is given that you concentrate…

Technically, I should be doing my research proposal/statement of purpose today… or at least for half of today because I should have finished my marking *yesterday* or at least by mid-day. Note the word technically.

Finished 4 classes in 2 hours yesterday at starbucks… finished 1 class in 40 mins while talking to my family during the family dinner before the dishes were served… finished 1 class in 20 mins while waiting for CL to drive by with the next 6 classes in tow. BUT, only managed to finish 2 classes today since I woke up at noon…

Meet the world’s greatest procrastinator. When I’m stuck marking, I tend to think of all the million and one little tasks that I should have done by never did (and darn well shouldn't be doing now!!!) … like moving my journals... like updating my music collection… like the europe travel journal I should have finished but never did back in 2004, like .. I have no idea what else… the day seems like an empty white hole upon reflection....Also discovered this little evil webpage which I’m going to share with the world becoz, hey, misery loves company!

http://play.blogger.com/

Do not be taken in by its innocuous title… it is darn hypnotizing… it draws you in and before you know it, it has already eaten up hours of your time! Also, it is addictive.

Haiz… marking is slow, slow, slow today… even thou I know I can be fast… P is going to kill me when he knows that for all my complaining… I’ve not done that much work… but I do! I really want to do! The problem with marking is that no matter how much you did, it’s the time spent living and breathing your papers that gives you that feverish headachy marking feeling…. am feeling the effects of being around my papers for the entire day despite that I’ve only done two classes. (And I know I would feel exactly the same if I’ve marked all 6!)…

Today is not a good day…

ps. (@10pm): a proven point.. while it took me 6 hours to finish 2 classes in the day... it took me 3 hours to finish the remainin 4 in the nite. cld have been faster but was also coachin my mom on settin up her blog. argh... loss of my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment