Saturday, May 31, 2008

random act of kindness

had a frazzled day on friday. hit school at about 10am with a million and one things to do. stayed all the way to 645pm with the staff in charge of closing literally breathing down my neck while I scrawled students' comments on their school council nomination forms which was due that day itself. so one can imagine my frustration when I couldn't find the four library books that I packed into a paper bag to drop off at the esplanade library where I was meeting Gab for an a capella concert that night... I was late to meet Gab, not ready to leave yet, irritated beyond belief and frustrated as I shifted through my paper-strewn desk. I didn't manage to finish all the tasks I was supposed to finish that day, still had emails un-sent and papers un-printed...and I had no time to come back to school next week and didn't want to have to make an extra trip to find the missing library books on top of everything.

As Iris and Gus said, it wasn't that big a deal, it's only four books. But it added to the frustration of a already trying day filled with tons of last minute misc. tasks... many of which remained incomplete when I finally gave up and left the school. but the missing books remained on the back of my mind, through the evening and even this morning, inducing me to make calls to school to check if I somehow mislaid it on someone else's desk. the frustrating thing is I simply cannot place where I left it.

had ktv with Gab after the concert last night, and only reached home at an unearthly hour of 4am in the morning, making me late for a church wedding in the morning. met Xinyi after for Sex and the City and a lovely dinner at Old School, wandering through chelsea-like art galleries after. did the ritual of weekend house-moving before finally sitting down to check my email.... only to see a notice from NLB that I "returned four library books" at Jurong West Community Library at 4pm on 30th May.

disbelief doesn't even began to describe what I felt. disbelief and a heartwarming sensation one might describe as 'moved'...

have no idea who and why and how... (becoz I still can't place where and when I mislaid the darn books!)... ... in the midst of the million of misc. tasks and every day routines... it may be a simple act of random kindness, but it made a difference.... it somehow made everything in my life seem brighter. it made me feel blessed.

whoever it is that dropped the four books off at Jurong West Community Library at 4pm on 30th May... if you somehow manage to see this... thank you. for being an angel in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment