Friday, August 24, 2007

Laughs and smiles

不知为何,最近总在坐下来,有闲时写东西时,却没心情。但夜晚时分,在回程中,却满腹牢骚无处可发....

This is the week the term report's due. Marking, keying in marks, typing remarks etc...work piles up while routine-work continues... and it doesn't help that my kids are especially problematic this week when I really don’t have time or energy to deal with the problems that crop up on a weekly basis…

Not feeling down per se, just, feeling indifferent and pensive... Felt that I haven't smiled or laughed for ages...Laughs and smiles are so rare in coming... so I'm going to record the two times when I really laughed or smiled this past two days...

1. When I called one of my kids to “get his butt over here” (which in Chinese roughly translates to “roll over here”) and he literally got down on the floor and rolled over, I couldn’t help myself from laughing… and after when I had to seek out the same kid to pass him remedial assignments, he bounced up to me so happily that I couldn’t keep a smile from my face.
2. When my colleague next to me suddenly turned to ask, “请问你有没有看到一粒鸡包?”It was actually an innocuous question but it made me break out in uncontrollable laughter, and it was my first real laugh of the day.
3. During rpm at night when I was actually feeling quite sianz and burnt out, it started to rain, no, more like the skies opened and it started to literally pour. My bike was only half-covered by the tent and I got totally and utterly drenched. It was like taking a shower with my clothes on! Others stopped to push their bikes fully under the tent, but I didn’t. Loved the refreshing and cooling feeling of water running down my back… it was like drinking a cool lemonade on a hot summer day… stayed under the rain for more than half the class and felt rejuvenated after… haha. It’s a wonder what is good for us… apparently getting drenched in the rain works for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment