Friday, December 24, 2004

The Met.

Walked through the wintry Central Park on our way to the Met on our fourth day. I really like the frosty feel of the park... light snow covering the green lawns, stark tree branches stabbing into the azure skies...lakes frozen over reminding me of Weimin...I just love winter...

The Met was enormous and packed...luckily, I didn't plan to see everything in the first place... concentrated on the American Wing first before cutting through the Asian Wing to see my favorite Monet and the other Impressionists. I liked the American wing and the way they recreated several rooms to show how the people lived in the eras before us... reminded me of the Mark Twain House and the House of Seven Gables I visited before...I liked several of the American paintings too... but I simply fell in love with the Tiffany stained glass windows...they are so stunning... There were several Tiffany vases and a fountain on display as well which are so lovely...

I didn't expect the Met to have such a good collection of Monet! Even better than the Louvre...There was several good pieces of Manet as well as the famous van Gogh Cypresses and a couple other of his works but the Monets really lighted up my day =) Esp since there were several landscapes that I fell in love with, the colors and strokes he used...

Now to the highlight of the day... we went for the $20 dollar lottery tickets for tonight's performance of Rent. They sell the first two rows by lottery about 2 hours before the show, you put your name in at 530, and they draw at 6pm. I crossed my fingers...and I won! I don't think I ever won any lottery in my life! I was sooo happy and excited =)

Since we had 2 hours before the show began, we went to Toys'R'Us flagship store.. apparently the biggest toy store in the world.. complete with a ferris wheel in the store.. haha.. felt like such a kid.. but P and I always love toy stores...

No comments:

Post a Comment