Thursday, December 09, 2004

Films...


Summary update of what I've been up to lately... first up, the films...

Film count: 8
1.Beauty and the Beast : I really love this animation classic, I can't believe I only watched it once! It brought back all the old warm fuzzy feelings of childhood... the innocence and simple sense of fun..
2.Demonlover : An Assayas French film, that's... complex, convoluted, complicated and I do know they all mean the same thing! Still, it's fascinating; an unearthing of human being's baser instincts...
3.Madam Satan : An old Hollywood black-n-white comedy, haha, I do love these old black-n-white Hollywood comedies... esp. Some Like it Hot! This one has a similar style, and Kay Johnson is as pretty as Monroe too!
4.The Stranger (Agantuk) : My first Indian film! Its amazingly interesting, a humorous satire of a long-lost uncle entering a middle-class family's life in Calcutta, an amusing exploration of human feelings, wonderful acting all around...
5.Aelita: Queen of Mars : A silent black-n-white, Harvard Film Archive invited a MIT music prof. to compile a composition of piano scores and play it live, but this doesn't help at all! After the first few interesting minutes... I found myself soooo bored... that I left the minute I saw P in the theatre. Ha... I guess I'm just not cut out for silent films? Or its because I just don't like the futuristic theme of this film..
6.Life of Brian : A parody of Jesus' life by Monty Python. This is my first Monty Python show, and I can't say I enjoyed it as much as hyped. It's funny, okay, but most of the jokes start getting old halfway through the film...
7.Manchurian Candidate : I watched this with P! Our first movie together since... like forever... which is a good thing coz he understood the plot a lot more than I do and explained it all to me when we got out...
8.For Sale (A Vendre) : By far the best film I've watched since Sunrise/Sunset. An extremely intelligent film, exploring the psyche of a French girl that sells herself, and the feelings of the P.I. investigating her... and the relationship they form through time and space... It's not an easy film, but it's one that you go home thinking about..

No comments:

Post a Comment