Thursday, December 09, 2004

Plays, vcds, concerts and crafts fairs


Next up, plays, vcds, concerts and crafts fairs...
11
Play count: 2
11
1.Menopause Musical : A brassy and bawdy play, one that I enjoyed despite the fact that it's obviously targeted at another generation of women that I've thankfully not arrived at yet... 2.Provok'd Wife : another comedy, one talking in rhyme. Amazing set but a dialogue that I feel would be better enjoyed in print. I do wish I can get to know the Boston theatre scene better, so I'll be able to make more informed choices in plays...
11
VCD count: 1
1.Beauty or Beast: I know, I know, I brought so many vcds over, and I've only managed to finish this one set. But I really like Beauty or Beast, each episode is so thought-provoking and touching in its own way...the issues dealt with hitting straight at the heart of the world of news broadcasting. Each time I wondered how I'll deal with the situation if I was the chief producer in question, and I never do know the answer... A very well created product, different from the other Jap serials, keeping the fluff but with an additional layer of thought...
11
Concert count: 2
11
I know I said there are two concerts, the MIT Cross Products and Chorallaries and the Harvard Lowkeys and Opportunes, but both are A Capella concerts and honestly, I can't tell the difference between the two. So I'm doing them at the same time. I did enjoy these two concerts, a capella being my one of my personal favorites. However, the fact is I don't really recognize many of the songs (I don't listen to enough English songs!)... But I did like the MIT Chorallaries Engineers' Drinking Song!
11
Crafts Fair count: 3
11
Went to 3 crafts fairs on 4th Dec! Must be a record somewhere...
11
1.Le Marche de Noel: Situated at the French Library and Cultural Center, I went there more to explore what a Back Bay mansion is like than to look at the expensive wares of various French merchants around town... And wow, these Back Bay mansions are very impressive indeed! Much larger than they look from the outside (they actually have two staircases!), and very luxurious window seats...
2.Christmas Fair: Went to a Christmas fair at the Christ Church Cambridge next, it was a very homey affair, with most of the people knowing each other. There was a bakery section with fresh goodies and hot cider (bought a couple of cookies and brownies for P who was stuck at home with a sprained ankle), and an attic corner with all kinds of knick-knacks probably dug up from the various attics of the church members...
3. Cultural Survival Bazaar : A fair held in a huge hall with oriental rugs strewn all over the floor...filled with "indigenous art and crafts", meaning rugs and shawls and sculptures and earrings with an exotic accent...Somehow, I don't see these stuff from places like Peru, Tibet and Africa being all that indigenous, but who am I to say? Suffice to say, I didn't buy anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment