Tuesday, December 11, 2007

gray skies and rainy days...

Left the house under dark clouds today, both literally and figuratively.

It didn't help that the taxi I took to get to the nearest mrt stop actually attempted to send me to clementi via jurong east. Hello? Can you stock up on common sense and directions before driving a cab???

Haiz. I'm not usually so mean or exacting......But my threshold for mistakes, both others and mine, has really been running low since about a month ago. And now, it's just about to hit an all bottom low......

But I'm really a blessed gal...... whenever I feel myself about to go over the top, something good would happen......it could be a small piece of good news, the successful completion of a task (turning really really task-orientated recently, striking a task done off my to-do list is always something to celebrate), a problem that worked out all by itself seemingly miraculously, a random call from a friend, students that pepper tuition sessions with laughter, turning a 3-hour tuition session into a break from real life....... all becomes highlights of the day......

Or, it could even be the simple offer of a shared shelter of an umbrella. A random act of kindness on a gray day. It's only drizzling and one can barely feel the drops...... but just the offer itself and making a very very small detour to walk me to the bus stop warms the heart. The few minutes of awkward silence under the miniature shelter warms the slight chill of a rainy December day......

No comments:

Post a Comment