Sunday, April 15, 2007

Stars in the sky...

Weekend was jammed starting from Fri midnite when I started to do my translation assignment which was supposed to be handed in before the exam on Sat…it was a horrible assignment…. one part political, one part economic and one part expository. All subjects I hate and am unfamiliar with…called P who dropped his work to help… finished two thirds of it and went to bed. Woke up at 8plus to continue and finished it at about 11am. Dashed to my cousin’s place to print it out before coming back to pack for the exam… which I had no time to study for at all. But it turned out okay I guess. The paper wasn’t too hard; at least it was nowhere as hard as the assignment. Anyway, it’s two down, and four more modules to go…

Went dancing at night after the paper and had one of the rare fun nights for months… althou I got whacked on the nose by J. It’s the first time I ever got whacked since I started dancing 2 years back. Stepped on, yes, multiple times. Whacked people, yes, multiple times too. But never ever got whacked, much least on the face. At least it was memorable. J was so apologetic it’s actually funny. But minus the painful/humorous incident, it was a great dance night. Union was actually not crowded at all but most of the crowd I dance with was there, which is a great combination.

Met with Lin today for Blithe Spirit, a light-hearted comedy that we both need…a little bit of fluff. Went for tea at an elegant café after… always enjoy the time with her… Had dinner after with another friend before returning home…

Missed a couple of stops on the way home and ended up somewhere near P’s place instead. Decided to walk home instead of taking a return bus, thought it would be faster if I took the back way. But it was dark and I took a wrong turn into a dead end and got lost in the labyrinth of private housing… It wasn’t a very smart move I guess… The roads were quiet and dimly lit and I passed a couple of construction workers…. took a few tries before I found a stairway I didn’t knew existed that led down to a road I was more familiar with. I thought I knew the area, but I guess I only really know the way from P’s place to mine. Still, there are rewards… raised my head when walking through a shadowy road to see stars in the sky. It’s a moonless, starry sky…never realized that one could see so many stars in the sky in Singapore… I may have got home 30 minutes later than I should, but it was a cool night and the stars accompanied me home… It would have been lovely walk, if not for the fact that I had to rush home to type my remarks…

No comments:

Post a Comment