Saturday, November 11, 2006

rain and contemplation

sitting in the pacific coffee cafe, contemplating the rain outside... a plate of pink cake in front of me which is doubling up as my lunch and tea...

woke up early today to go to jazz, instead of groove/jazz because I like the choreo and it'll be the last time Sharon's doing it. Wanted to do aqua after, but the rain and thunder cancelled it. Still, managed to do a few laps around the pool and did my first pilates class in a long while before ending up at pacific coffee...

this is my favourite cafe for various reason...

1) comfy red sofas
2) books of various type that one can pick up anytime
3) free internet
4) yummy fruit smoothies they call chillinos
5) they play great music to chill to
6) its located right between the gym and the dance studio

all making it the perfect place to kill time when waiting for evening classes... and the free internet enables me to actually get to my mail on the days when I get home late consecutively and don't have time to check my mail...

just finished 5 days of marking... I actually like it... despite the fact that I suspected I killed alot of my brain cells the past weeks and I skipped 2 days of gym becoz I just wanted to go home and stone in front of the tv after it... but there's something about reading all these essays that students write... their thoughts scattered and sometimes so refreshingly candid.

haven't sat and watch rain for awhile... there's something hypnotic about it... watching streaks of rain fall in the green...

there's something about november... that makes me strangely sad and happy at the same time...

its also the month of birthdays :)

wishing all my friends whose birthdays fall on november a happy birthday! Especially to a dear friend and my darling little brother whose birthday fall on today itself :)

May you have many lovely memories on the brand new upcoming year and time to sit and watch the rain....

No comments:

Post a Comment