Tuesday, May 04, 2004

plymouth


wanted to talk mmore about Plymouth... the place where the pilgrims were first landed in America (with a Greek Revival like buliding protecting the rock they supposedly landed on *rolls eyes*)

We visited a Plantation that's supposed to be a detailed replica of the first Pligrim village complete with interpreters acting as the exact people that lived there and the replica of Mayflower.

There's alot of effort placed in studying the history of the Pligrims.

Plymouth gave me a feeling of a relaxed coastal town. With a waterfront that resembles a minature San Francisco in a way. Loved the fried seafood dinner and the little sweet shops.

After all we did, I came away vaguely impressed by all the effort put in the maintain the history of the Pligrims, but I know I'll remember Plymouth simply as a touristy seaside town.

Perhaps.. I'm not very interested in this particular history of America? Or am I not very interested in history at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment