Thursday, January 25, 2007

January days...

Now Playing: Everytime We Touch (Yanou's Candlelight Mix) - Cascada

I can’t believe that it’s only one week to the end of January… Jan has always been one of my favorite months of the year; the fresh and new feeling of a new year, being able to start anew makes everything seem brighter… And somehow when one is getting used to all the new people and getting back into routine, time flies by especially fast and in no time at all, it’s already the end of the month and almost February.

Looking down the year, I have a feeling the year’s going to fly by: every month has a major activity of sort and minus the weekly and daily activities; time always zooms by when one is busy. Chinese New Year is coming when I still in the Christmassy mood (one good thing about crossing cultures is we get a double load of festive seasons), and I’m looking forward to the reunions and good food. Went to Sakae for their yusheng with Lin the other day, my fave CNY dish. It’s a tradition for us already, yusheng at Sakae every year. My CNY resolution, to eat yusheng as many times as possible and double last year record of 5 times if possible!

Catching up on some shows that I’ve watched recently…

Chestnuts with Lin was great fun! It’s more organized than last year which was messy at times. Thus the entire show was tighter and more thematically done. The beginning spoof of the Phantom opening was especially hilarious. Some parts were more of the tear-your-hair-out-you-can’t-stand-the corniness kind of funny, but it was still a fun outing overall and a great round up of the theatre/film entertainment of the year. I always like the list of local theatre shows near the end, which never fails to allow me to relive all the local shows I watched. Was reminded of “A Language of Their Own”, a show that really touched my heart that of the year.

Also watched Big Bang Love, Juvenile A. A Japanese film that was a strange experience, nothing like what I expected at all… It somehow reminds me A Good Shepherd (a film P pulled me to watch because he thought it would be similar to Bourne Supremacy based on the fact that both stars Matt Damon), which is totally weird because both shows have absolutely nothing in common except for the fact that they were both nothing like what I expected (and both have eye candy). Big Bang Love is both soft and raw, tender and harsh. It’s a surfeit of emotions, slyly drew out. When I left the darkened picturehouse theatre, I felt strangely numb.

On more work-related news, I’m starting to understand my kids better. Even a class that I originally thought would be a trouble-maker because of its rowdiness. One of the boys was sitting in the corner, recently (according to him, wrongfully) chastised by a teacher, and he asked me quite pitifully if he is a “bad boy”, and I quite awfully couldn’t help myself from laughing. The boys always make me laugh and the girls are always sweet… somehow every year, the students change and yet remain the same…

No comments:

Post a Comment