Sunday, January 15, 2006

At the End of the Day

Now Playing: At the End of the Day - Emi Fujita

Misc. items for the past two weeks include a cousin outing which shows that I do follow up to what I say! Haha.. it wasn’t a very successful one though coz another cousin couldn’t make it becoz of work and my own brother was off filming the rain of all things.. We’ll try to get another more complete one in when cny rolls by…

Had my first vocal lesson with the second one due today. Also have a few lesson due to start next week… jazz, body movement and merengue if it isn’t cancelled… pilates was supposed to start last week but Helen couldn’t make it. But I managed to pull Lirong down for dinner and we had quite a chat so it wasn’t all a wasted trip...

Gab came over last Sat for a rest in between his many dates and we went down to Orchard together where we had respective dates for the night… caught a glimpse of his latest girl before I met Fen for dinner.

Also met JL and Shufen on the 2nd for lunch at My Humble Home. Always wanted to try the fusion food there… and it was really yummy. I had duck cigar roll which is juz a glam name for spring roll but it was very crispy and the sauce was just right.

Also got my gift from P from JL… Wicked soundtrack! And he really wrapped it up and added a surprise which turned out to show how sweet but silly he is…it brings back memories of that perfect night….

All in all, the first two weeks of 2006 have been quite fruitful… work-filled yes, but with little nuggets of fun in between… and I do enjoy the work despite all my whining and grumbling… It’s fun dealing with my kids and I had a few successful classes with my sec 1 kids that show great promise. My Sec 3s is another story but I’ll just try harder… Miss my Sec 4s, but I do see them now and again, the cheeky terrors… However, friends have been saying I look tired and colleagues comment that I look less “fresh” compared to last year…

Looking back the past two weeks of running to and fro…somehow the days seem to mesh altogether… I always seem to tell myself the same thing and yet forget it the very next minute, to take things slower… to take each day as it comes… to count my blessings at the end of each day...

Tomorrow's just a dream away
Close the curtain on today

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:44 PM

    must rest more and enjoy more. cannot overwork.

    ReplyDelete