Monday, July 12, 2004

dazzling day


was scanning through the photos stored in the ipod... and realised I forgot about this beautiful day...

I can't even remember the date... or why we went out... to return library books? to borrow books? or simply to visit Trinity? only that it was a beautiful day and we did go out..

we went to Trinity...and to the library...truly explored the library for the historical monument it is, wandering through the frescoed walls and halls, instead of just getting my books and out.

we walked down the green commonwealth ave, amidst strolling dogs and snowing blossoms...past Public Garden and Boston Common to the Macdonald's there for chips and ice-cream...

we walked back through the common to Charles Street... and did a repeat of last year to get the meringue cookies we missed... through charles street and across longfellow bridge over the river and home...

such a long, long walk and we weren't tired at all at the end... I remember the blue skies and the green trees, I remember the salty and hot fries against the cold and sweet ice-cream... I remember the laughter reflecting off the mirror-like lake and river...

it was a beautiful day... dreamy and bright... did I really forget? or was it simply resting in a corner of my mind? a dazzling memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment